The Three Valley Conservation Trust is a non-profit organization that partners with people and communities to conserve the natural environment and cultural heritage of its service area for the benefit of future generations. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide support for applicants pursuing careers that relate to the mission of the Trust. For example, work in agriculture, conservation, ecology, water management and sustainability represent some but not all of the related careers. Applicants do not need to be a high school or college student.
A minimum of $1,000 to be distributed annually to at least one, but not more than two, successful applicants. This is a one-time award per applicant.
Application submissions are to be made directly to the Trust (Three Valley Conservation Trust, P.O. Box 234, Oxford, OH 45056) and are to be postmarked no later than 4/15/18
Applications must include:
1) Completed application form, three-valley-conservation-trust-scholarship-2017
2) Essay as described in form
3) Two letters of recommendation (mailed directly to the Trust) which speak to the applicant’s qualifications and how they relate to the mission of the Trust.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the Chair, Board of Trustees, Three Valley Conservation Trust and will include at least one board member. The committee’s selection will be based on the applicants’ responses and letters of recommendation. The selection is not based on need or prior scholastic achievement.
It is at the committee’s discretion to:
1) Interview the final candidates
2) Decide not to award a scholarship, should there not be strong candidates
3) Give preference to applicants who have personally been involved with the work of the Trust and/or applicants whose families have been involved in the Trust (through easements and/or volunteer activities such as monitoring, etc.)
For questions, call 513-524-2150.