The Three Valley Conservation Trust Board supports the passing of the Butler County Levy, Issue 6, up for vote on March 15, 2016. The levy will include a 0.5 mill renewal and an increase of 0.2 to keep parks open, clean and safe in the future.
TVCT has had a hand in putting conservation easements on two park properties, Timberman Ridge (Forest Run) and the Mill Race Preserve and is restoring two additional properties that will be transferred to the park later this year. We are pleased to be in partnership with the MetroParks of Butler County – not only in preserving land, but in encouraging a community investment in facilities that will make using these parks easier and more pleasant to use.
MetroParks of Butler County has announced that these funds will be used for:
– Trail maintenance, development and the creation of trail corridors linking existing trails
– Replace and/or install play equipment, restrooms, parking, shelters, footbridges, forests, wetlands and playing fields.
– Save and protect Butler County’s open space for future generations to enjoy.
– Improve water quality, by protecting waterways and upland areas
– Improve air quality, by preserving forests
– Preserve wildlife habitat and managing parks to promote wildlife diversity
– Acquire land from donors or sellers, maintain and improve it for future parks and public use.
– Provide and promote educational and recreational programs
MetroParks of Butler County also stated that State Funding received in the past was cut by 50%, while they are bearing increased operational and maintenance costs, due to increased park visitation. Without an increase in funding, MetroParks would need to close parks or reduce park maintenance.
We at Three Valley Conservation Trust are thrilled to see the increased use of outdoor spaces and hope the community will vote to support not only the increased costs of maintaining existing facilities, but upgrades to these facilities and the acquisition of more land, such as our easement land.
We heartily recommend that you vote “Yes” on issue 6 on March 15th, 2016. Support our Parks!
Park Levy Factsheet