TVCT Land Protection Specialist, Reports to the TVCT Director of Operations
Main duties- land protection, easement acquisition strategies, property evaluations, monitoring and management, public relations. TVCT is a small organization so it is critical to work as a team with the Director of Operations, Office Manager, Board, contractors and volunteers to fulfill the mission of TVCT.
Specifically the Land Protection Specialist will:
- Assist in the development of a strategic approach to land protection and stewardship
- Assist in the development of fundraising strategies.
- Develop, edit and produce information and reports at the direction of the Director of Operations
- Prepare relevant documents for land protection transactions for the Director of Operations and LPS Committee
- Coordinate monitoring activities for properties protected by Conservation Easements under the supervision of the Director of Operations
- Prepare grant applications
- Develop innovative approaches to land preservation in conjunction with the staff and Board
- Identify resources for land preservation and land stewardship needs
- Maintain complete, secure and accurate files and records on all land protection projects and coordinating with the Land Protection Committee for annual review
- Identifying revenue streams (federal, state, private matching funds) to support strategic land conservation planning
- Meet and coordinate with farmers and other property owners to develop potential conservation easements
- Stand in for the Director of Operations as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree
- Education, skill and experience with land trusts and in land protection strategies
- Excellent public relations skills and the ability to work well with land owners and the public
- Experience with fundraising
- Ability to interpret and understand legal descriptions and maps.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills and familiarity with popular software applications.
- Tactful, possessing ability to work independently with high degree of personal and professional initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player. Willingness to participate in all facets of TVCT
- Knowledge and appreciation for the people and values of conservation with sensitivity and appreciation for the diverse interests and values of others; familiarity with agricultural issues with a conservation context.
- Must have a sincere commitment to the protection of agricultural lands and green space
- Experience in native and invasive plant species identification.
Please respond by submitting a resume and cover letter by the application deadline: June 10, 2013. Send to: Liz Woedl, Executive Director, PO Box 234, Oxford, OH 45056 or email@example.com.