We need volunteers!
The conservation work of the Three Valley Conservation Trust protects farmland and improves the quality of life for everyone who calls southwestern Ohio home. While we do have a small staff, we depend on volunteers to help us get everything done – we could not do what we do without yout! There are lots of ways to get involved, whether you have a lot of time or a little.
Below you will find opportunity descriptions and phone numbers/email addresses. But you can also express your preferences (even at 2am!) via our online form. We appreciate your help!
Looking for something to fill a Saturday afternoon or a Thursday morning? Here are the kinds of quick “one and done” types of volunteer opportunities we offer.
- Newsletter and Special Mailings: fold, seal and label newsletters. Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Outreach (or Tabling): Do you like to talk to people and get them excited about conserving land near our home? Do you enjoy local events, festivals and county fairs? We need your help! We always go to events in pairs (usually in 2 hour shifts) and have lots of printed materials available at our table to help tell our story. Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email email@example.com.
- Special Events: Many different skills needed from set-up to greeting guests and everything in between. Want to be part of the action? Call the office at 513-524-2150.
- Hands-on Conservation Work: Occasionally we will have opportunities to create habitat, often in conjunction with either the Ohio EPA and/or the MetroParks of Butler County (or another organization). If you’d like to be contacted when these opportunities exist, please let us know! Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for something a little more challenging? Something you can do once a week (or month)? Perhaps something you could even do for 20 to 40 hours a week during a vacation, school break or sabbatical? Here are some opportunities to challenge you and get those creative juices flowing!
- Become an Easement Monitor – Keeping the Trust in compliance with state monitoring requirements is a crucial behind-the-scenes task that relies on a committed team of core volunteers. Many supporters of the Trust are unaware that every farm protected by an easement must be monitored annually to ensure that it remains in compliance with easement restrictions. As an Easement Monitor you would be asked to travel with a partner to tour and document participating farms and prepare a written report to be kept on file in the office. To become a monitor, you need to participate in a short training program, commit to completing 6-8 monitoring visits (or as many as you would like!) per year. You will receive a name tag for identification while representing the Trust. Other benefits are the pleasure of being outdoors on beautiful protected farms, meeting local easement landowners, and making new friends. You can also contribute by inviting a friend to train and monitor with you! Call Randy at the office, 513-524-2150 or email him at email@example.com.
- Easement Filing Project: Help us reorganize and modernize! In this long term project we are scanning originals and organizing easement files to make them more complete and easier to use. If you have a desire to do something indoors and intellectually challenging, call the office at 513-524-2150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Design Volunteer: Do you like to make cards, flyers and newsletters? Do you know how to use Adobe’s InDesign or would you like to learn? We are in need of help laying out the newsletter, creating flyers, pamphlets and mailing pieces. Most items are already created, unless you prefer to start from scratch, you only need edit them. Are you interested in taking on some of this work? Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email email@example.com.
- Publicity Volunteer: Are you a good writer? Do you have experience writing press releases or articles? Do you want to learn? We are in need of someone who would be willing to help us publicize what we do at the trust by writing articles for the newsletter, writing press releases, the text for blog posts (others will post it to the web, if you desire) and arranging for someone to take pictures at all of our events. Are you interested in taking on a portion of this work? Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media Volunteer: Are you confident with new technology and have a good working knowledge of several social media platforms? Have you ever had a blog? We are in need of someone to help us post to our blog and share these posts via several forms of social media. Are you interested in helping? Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email email@example.com.
- Grant Writing: Are you a special kind of non-profit funding nerd? Do you have aspirations to become one? Do you want to help Three Valley get the funding we need to run exciting outreach programs for the community? Call the office at 513-524-2150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Committee Work: We have many committees headed by Board Members that could use your help. Are you interested in Finances? Outreach and Membership? Development? Land Protection? All of these are committees that could use your help! If you’re interested, please call the office, 513-524-2150 or email email@example.com.