Three Valley Conservation Trust (TVCT) is a non-profit, member-funded, accredited land trust that monitors and protects natural habitats, waterways and agricultural lands in Southwestern Ohio, for the benefit of present and future generations, through partnerships with people and communities. Currently, we protect 184 properties, conserving over 20,000 acres which are under permanent conservation easements in six Southwest Ohio counties, and we actively engage the community in all aspects of our mission.
The Executive Director (ED) is a full-time position responsible for the overall planning, direction and implementation of TVCT’s programs and operations. The position responsibilities specifically focus on fundraising, including major and planned giving, capital campaigns, marketing and outreach. The ED is the front-line fundraiser and primary representative of the organization to the community, donor base, and partner agencies.
Primary Responsibilities and Scope
Strategy and Management
- Protect the 501 (c) (3) status of TVCT
- Ensure adherence to the TVCT policies and procedures to maintain the integrity of TVCT in accordance with LTA accreditation standards and practices
- Prepare and manage the annual budget and oversee financial programs and systems in concert with the Board of Trustees
- Supervise a professional staff, including setting objectives, managing performance, and development
- Maintain effective communication with TVCT’s Board, membership, the public, and the media
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals per the Board-approved budget
- Make public appearances, accept speaking engagements and meet prospective donors to increase TVCT’s recognition and outreach in the communities we serve
- Identify, cultivate and engage individuals, businesses, corporations, and foundations to secure major gifts.
- Collaborate with the trust’s Outreach/Membership committee and Board members to significantly increase the organization’s membership base
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Passion for conservation; experience with and interest in land conservation preferred
- Outgoing and energetic; strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and foster relationships; demonstrated experience in fundraising preferred
- Strong speaking skills to accurately communicate TVCT’s mission and programs
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and attend evening meetings and weekend events
- Personnel management skills; delegate and prioritize tasks of members, volunteers, and the professional staff
- Digital management skills; proficiency with social media and programs pertinent to office management
$45,000/year (negotiable) and benefits
We will review applications as they are submitted and continue until the position is filled.
Resumes will be evaluated as they are received.
Send a resume to:
Chair, Board of Trustees
Three Valley Conservation Trust
P.O. Box 234
Oxford, OH 45056